Τετάρτη 29 Σεπτεμβρίου 2021

Bruce Springsteen - Point Blank

 


Do you still say your prayers, little darling?

Do you go to bed at night

Praying that tomorrow

Everything will be alright?

But tomorrows fall in number

In number one by one

You wake up and you're dying

You don't even know what from


Well, they shot you point blank

You been shot in the back

Baby, point blank

You been fooled this time, little girl, that's a fact

Right between the eyes

Baby, point blank

Right between the pretty lies that they tell

Little girl, you fell


You grew up where young girls

They grow up fast

You took what you were handed

And left behind what was asked

But what they asked, baby, wasn't right

You didn't have to live that life

I was gonna be your Romeo

You were gonna be my Juliet

These days you don't wait on Romeos

You wait on that welfare cheque

And on all the pretty little things that you can never have

And all the promises


That always end up point blank

Shot between the eyes

Point blank

Like little white lies you tell to ease the pain

You're walking in the sights, girl

Of point blank

And it's one false move

And baby, the lights go out


Once I dreamed we were together again

Baby, you and me

Back home in those old clubs

The way we used to be

We were standing at the bar

It was hard to hear

The band was playing loud

And you were shouting something in my ear

You pulled my jacket off

And as the drummer counted four

You grabbed my hand

And pulled me out on the floor

You just stood there and held me

Then you started dancing slow

And as I pulled you tighter

I swore I'd never let you go

Well, I saw you last night

Down on the avenue

Your face was in the shadows

But I knew that it was you

You were standing in the doorway

Out of the rain

You didn't answer

When I called out your name

You just turned and then you looked away

Like just another stranger waiting to get blown away


Point blank

Right between the eyes

Point blank

Right between the pretty lies you fell

Point blank

Shot straight through the heart

Yeah, point blank

You've been twisted up

'Til you've become just another part of it

Point blank

You're walking in the sights

Point blank

Living one false move

Just one false move away

Point blank

They caught you in their sights

Point blank

Did you forget how to love, girl?

Did you forget how to fight?

Point blank

They must have shot you in the head

'Cause point blank

Bang bang, baby, you're dead




Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια:

Δημοσίευση σχολίου