Παρασκευή 6 Αυγούστου 2021

Robert Mitchum's Eternal Wisdom

 


I gave up being serious about making pictures around the time I made a film with Greer Garson and she took a hundred and twenty-five takes to say no.

There just isn't any pleasing some people. The trick is to stop trying.

I have two acting styles: with and without a horse.

Maybe love is like luck. You have to go all the way to find it.

Listen. I got three expressions: looking left, looking right and looking straight ahead.

The only difference between me and my fellow actors is that I've spent more time in jail.

This is not a tough job. You read a script. If you like the part and the money is O.K., you do it. Then you remember your lines. You show up on time. You do what the director tells you to do. When you finish, you rest and then go on to the next part. That's it.

I never changed anything, except my socks and my underwear. And I never did anything to glorify myself or improve my lot. I took what came and did the best I could with it.

These kids only want to talk about acting method and motivation. in my day all we talked about was screwing and overtime.

I started out to be a sex fiend, but I couldn't pass the physical.

I kept the same suit for six years and the same dialogue. They just changed the title of the picture and the leading lady.

Stars today are just masturbation images.

How do I keep fit? I lay down a lot.

[on press stories] They're all true - booze, brawls, broads, all true. Make up some more if you want to.

[asked what he looks for in a script before accepting a job] Days off.

[on Steve McQueen] He sure don't bring much brains to the party, that kid.

Hey, I get enough exercise; I breathe in and I breathe out

Reporter: What do you think of film festivals?  They’re freak shows.


And a great singer too. Who would have thought? 



Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια:

Δημοσίευση σχολίου