Σάββατο 23 Ιουλίου 2022

4 Poems By Octavio Paz

 


Across

I turn the page of the day,

writing what I'm told

by the motion of your eyelashes.


I enter you,

the truthfulness of the dark.

I want proofs of darkness, want

to drink the black wine:

take my eyes and crush them.


A drop of night

on your breast's tip:

mysteries of the carnation.


Closing my eyes

I open them inside your eyes.


Always awake

on its garnet bed:

your wet tongue.


There are fountains

in the garden of your veins.


With a mask of blood

I cross your thoughts blankly:

amnesia guides me

to the other side of life.


Last Dawn

Your hair is lost in the forest,

your feet touching mine.

Asleep you are bigger than the night,

but your dream fits within this room.

How much we are who are so little!

Outside a taxi passes

with its load of ghosts.

The river that runs by

is always

running back.

Will tomorrow be another day?


Touch

My hands

Open the curtains of your being

Clothe you in a further nudity

Uncover the bodies of your body

My hands

Invent another body for your body


Two bodies

Two bodies face to face

sometimes it's two waves

and the night is ocean.


Two bodies face to face

sometimes two stones

and the desert night.


Two bodies face to face

they are sometimes roots

at night linked.


Two bodies face to face

they are sometimes razors

and the lightning night.


Two bodies face to face

they are two stars that fall

In an empty sky






Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια:

Δημοσίευση σχολίου